Monday, April 6, 2009

The blogging experience

Before I started writing out my blog, I had conceived that it would be about my wild adventures traveling around Mexico and India last year. Then I realized I had to include music in it for my blog to be sustainable for me. However, because of a course I took called philosophy or religion, it evolved into a blog discussing content about God and music. It has been a strangely rewarding experience for 2 reasons. Firstly, people I’ve never known or connected with left comments on my blog. Even though I can only count that number of people on one hand, it doesn’t diminish the experience of feeling good about knowing someone took the time to read what I had to say. Secondly, I’ve noticed how writing can develop your train of thought to move into directions you weren’t aware of previously. It’s helped me to observe certain hypocrisies about myself. I think it’s important that you continuously contradict yourself as you grow older for it’s a sign that your mentality and perhaps maturity are growing. Blogging has been well worth my time emotionally and psychologically.

2 comments:

  1. I guess that's the thing about the Blogosphere, you end up in places you never thought you'd go. I hope this post isn't meant to bid goodbye to blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It feels a little bit like a last post. I can't say for sure if ill continue blogging but I find it absolutely fascinating that someone like yourself, who has no real relevant connection to me would read a post. I wish it was this easy in real life to meet people randomly. It should be. I think ill make a post soon on how comparison has destroyed our abilities to be social beings and ill dedicate it to you.

    ReplyDelete